- This event has passed.
Rogers Home Town Hockey
March 13, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - September 23, 2019 @ 6:20 am
Rogers Hometown Hockey is a weekend outdoor hockey festival and will be packed with activities for all ages! Join us for a full weekend of free activities, live music, a chance to meet NHL Alumni, and much more. The entire festival will culminate with Ron MacLean hosting the broadcast of the Toronto Maple Leafs vs. the Detroit Redwings game from the South Okanagan Events Centre Plaza in the Sportsnet Mobile Studio on Sunday afternoon.
Saturday, March 12
Sunday, March 13
South Okanagan Event Centre Plaza
853 Eckhardt Ave W
Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge is heading to the heart of the Okanagan Valley for a special weekend celebration of hockey on March 12 & 13 in Penticton. The ultimate hockey festival will feature appearances by former NHLer Andy Moog, Oilers Entertainment Group CEO Bob Nicholson, Sportsnet analyst John Shannon and other special guests, all alongside Canadian icon Ron MacLean.
The two-day hockey celebration gets underway Saturday, March 12 at Noon PT from the South Okanagan Events Centre, and concludes Sunday evening following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The game features the Toronto Maple Leafs vs. the Detroit Red Wings, with a special pre-game show hosted live on site by Ron MacLean from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio beginning at 4 p.m. PT on Sportsnet, alongside co-host Tara Slone.
The free hockey-themed weekend will feature games, activities, live local entertainment and food trucks for the whole family, including:
• Rogers Share Everything Zone: Fans can engage in unique interactive experiences, including virtual autographs with NHL players
• Scotiabank Community Locker Room: Featuring meet and greets with NHL Alumni, interactive games and a Scotia Hockey Club commemorative jersey giveaway for youth 16 and under
• The Dodge Stow ‘n’ Go Challenge as well as a chance to win a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan and $5,000 for a local minor hockey association
• Samsung’s The Situation Room: Fans can test their skills against a series of hockey plays, just like NHL officials in this interactive studio
• Sportsnet Be a Broadcaster: Call an NHL game highlight reel alongside Sportsnet Central anchor Evanka Osmak
• PlayStation: Fans can try some of the latest PlayStation®4 games from family fun to sports gaming favourites, only in the PlayStation gaming zone
• McDonald’s® Ball Hockey Rink: Including pick-up games and hockey skills competitions, personalized hockey cards, as well as free McCafé® brewed coffee on site
• The Lodge: A cozy place to enjoy a free hot chocolate inside a warming lounge, complete Adirondack chairs with built in Texture by Next Issue and more
• Dr. Oetker’s Mobile Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a free slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza served fresh right out of the oven
Rogers Hometown Hockey: Event and Broadcast Details
Saturday, March 12 – Festival open from Noon to 6 p.m. PT
Sunday, March 13 – Festival opens at 11 a.m. PT and runs through end of Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party
• Special musical guest Scott Helman performs at 2 p.m. on the Main Stage
• Rogers Hometown Hockey Pre-Game Show, live from Penticton with Ron MacLean, 4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet)
• Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Detroit Red Wings, 4:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet)
• Special Guests: NHL Alumni Andy Moog and Kirk McLean, NHL on Sportsnet analyst John Shannon, and Oilers Entertainment Group CEO Bob Nicholson
Rogers Cheer Like Never Before Contest
Leading up to the celebrations in Penticton, local hockey teams have an opportunity to win the ultimate hockey experience as part of the Cheer Like Never Before contest.
Teams can upload a video of their team cheer, with the Top 5 vote-getters invited to take part in the festivities when the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour visits Penticton on March 12 & 13. The winning team in each town will then be in the running to win the trip of a lifetime, including: a trip to an NHL game, VIP Game Day Experience, and perform their team cheer in an NHL dressing room. For full contest details visit www.hometownhockey.com
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge will roll into 24 communities across Canada this season with a weekend of free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages, culminating in an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast every Sunday on Sportsnet, with Ron MacLean hosting live on site from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio. Following Penticton, the tour will visit Calgary, AB on March 19 & 20, 2016 for the 22nd of 24 stops. For more tour information visit www.hometownhockey.com
For more information please check: